Fruits are great source of essential phytonutrients that are very important for healthy diet. You can eat fruits either fresh, or in the form of vegetable. Very important is to have balance between these two ways of eating fruits because they contain high amount of dietary fibers that are very important for good digestion, and detoxification...
Have you ever wondered what are the healthiest types of vegetables, that are at the same time very good for juicing as well? Many people think that it is only important to eat green vegetables. They are not so wrong, but it is very important to point out that there some that are not green, but are very healthy as well! In this article you...
Many people are wondering why people choose juicing rather than other fruit and vegetables processing methods, such as blending, smoothing, etc. Here are some of many reasons:
1. Health properties – Every type of processing of fruits and vegetables destroys certain amount of healthy ingredients that are very important for human health, but compared to other methods, juicing prevent oxidation because of low temperature and short contact with air. Due to that juices are the best source of healthy ingredients.
2. Volume! Can you ever wonder how it looks like to eat 15 carrots for breakfast? If you have, you probably decided it is better to juice all those carrots and prepare one glass of tasty juice instead of it. Juicing is actually very good way to eat lots of vegetables at once in small volume, but big amount. It pays to get one of the best juicer on the market.
3. Antioxidants – Fruits and vegetables are natural sources of numerous antioxidants which prevent cancer formation, and many other illnesses. If you decide to juice fruits and vegetables, you will concentrate those fantastic antioxidants in one glass and prevent many health problems.
4. Chlorophyll – Eating green vegetables results in higher hemoglobin synthesis and bigger amount of oxygen in your blood. That will make you feel more energized, and fresh.
5. Better nutrient absorption! If you transfer all nutrients from vegetables and fruits into a glass of juice, you will make them more available for your digestive system to absorb. Basically, you “pre-digest” nutrients from vegetables and fruits by juicing them, and your body doesn’t need to digest all other ingredients with average impact on human health.
6. Easy assimilation – Since juice is free of fibers (although they are also good for human health), it is very fast assimilated in human body (within 15 minutes). Due to that, juices are instant source of nutritional components, anti-oxidants, and vitamins.
7. Maintain micronutrients – If you decide to drink juices regularly, you don’t need to think about balanced diet in the term of micronutrients. Additionally, since juices are thermally untreated, micronutrients are not destroyed, or altered, so human body can absorb them quickly, and efficiently, while the balance among them is maintained.
YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dezZ8e5o5wwRead More
Fruits are great source of essential phytonutrients that are very important for healthy diet. You can eat fruits either fresh, or in the form of vegetable. Very important is to have balance between these two ways of eating fruits because they contain high amount of dietary fibers that are very important for good digestion, and detoxification of human body. The only disadvantage of fruits is the fact they have high content of sugars, so they are not suitable for people who suffer from diabetes.
Some of very important fruit types are:
- Apples – Worldwide famous symbol of healthy diet is green apple, and it deserves this position for a very strong reason. There are many benefits of eating apples, such as whitening teethes, cancer prevention, cholesterol reduction, prevention of hearth diseases, and many others. It is rich in vitamins, minerals, dietary fibers, so try to eat apples as much as possible.
- Pears – Health benefits of Pears, especially Chinese, are immense. They are sweet fruits, highly similar to apple, and they contain high amount of water soluble fibers, vitamins, and minerals. Their most important effect is prevention of hearth diseases through reduction of cholesterol. They present anti-inflammatory characteristics, as well as, immunity boosting characteristics.
- Oranges – It is one of the most famous fruits, and it’s main advantage is the fact it is available during the whole year. They are a great source of vitamin C, and anti – oxidants flavonoids. It is important to point out that 1 orange supplies 100% of daily needs for vitamin C. Additionally, they have high content of dietary fibers, carotene, pectin, minerals, and other vitamins (A, B, folate). Due to more than 170 phytonutrients, and at least 60 flavonoides, they have anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, and blood clot inhibiting characteristics.
- Grapefruits – Grapefruits are relatively new fruit, and it contains high amount of vitamin C, and smaller amounts of vitamin A, B complex, E, and K. They have high content of minerals, and have many beneficial effects. If you want to lose weight, grapefruit is a perfect choice for you!
- Lime and lemon – These fruits are perfect refreshment during hot days and summer. They have high content of vitamins, and help human body to increase the level of enzymes with anti-tumor properties. Additionally, they are very good for colds because they improve immunity, and for weight loss because they boost metabolism.
- Pineapple – Pineapple is very rich in vitamins, minerals, and dietary fibers. Bromelain (enzyme from pineapple) effectively reduces inflammation, and swelling. Although pineapple is very rich in sugars, it has certain enzymes which improves digestion.
- Watermelon – Watermelon is perfect fruit for summer because it helps to cool the body. Additional effect is improvement of kidney and bladder function. Due to very good vitamin combination, it is very good for general health improvement.
Have you ever wondered what are the healthiest types of vegetables, that are at the same time very good for juicing as well? Many people think that it is only important to eat green vegetables. They are not so wrong, but it is very important to point out that there some that are not green, but are very healthy as well!
In this article you would be able to read what are the healthiest vegetables that you should eat, either fresh, cooked, or juiced. They are suitable for everything! All those veggies are suitable for people who want to lose weight because they contain low calorie level, while their nutritional value is superior.
Here is the list:
- Beet – This is one of the world’s richest vegetables, when it comes to content of anti-oxidants and nitrates. These compounds protect your cardiovascular system, liver, and improve your mood, and energy level due to higher content of oxygen in your blood.
- Kohlrabi– This vegetable is rich in vitamin C, B, K, and A, as well as, anti-oxidants, and minerals. It reduced the prevalence of colon and prostate cancer.
- Collard Greens – This vegetable is rich in vitamin K, Calcium, and Carotenoids, and due to that they improve bone health, prevent cardiovascular diseases, and keep your skin healthy.
- Swiss chard – This vegetable is very rich in mineral, and vitamin content. It has several anti-oxidants which prevent cancer formation. Vitamin K which is present in it in very high amount improves bone density and due to that is very good.
- Leaf lettuce – This is one of the most famous vegetables in the all parts of world, and all people recognize it as very healthy. There are several types of lettuce, such as Iceberg/ crisphead, Romaine, Butterhead, and Loose-leaf. All of them have high content of β – carotene, and vitamins. Due to that, all types of lettuce have anti-oxidants characteristics.
- Celery - It has high content of vitamin A, B-vitamin complex, and as well as several minerals. Due to that, celery fights against newly formed cancer cells, reduces blood pressure, and cholesterol level.
- Cucumber – Cucumber is a perfect vegetable for juices because it has high water content, and low loses. It contains numerous nutritional components, including vitamin A, and C, folate, magnasate, potassium, and many others. Due to that, it reduces blood pressure, has anti-inflammatory characteristics, and due to high content of electrolytes, it balances body water retention.
- Carrots – Carrot present the basis of many juices, and it keeps that position for a strong reason. It is the most famous as the nature’s best source of β-carotene, and thanks to it, carrot improves the eyesight (vision). Apart from it, it contains vitamins C, D, E, K, B1 and B6, as well as minerals potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and trace elements. It has anti-oxidants characteristics, and therefore prevents cancer.
- Cabbage – Cabbage is very good source of several phytonutrients which have strong anti – oxidants characteristics, and due to that they are strong fighters against cancer. It has high content of minerals (calcium, potassium, sulfur, and iron), as well as, vitamins (A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, K and folate). Due to that, consummation of cabbage is welcome if you want to increase the general health of your body. It is good for pregnant women because it prevents jaundice in babies, support nursing, and even helps with threading fertility.
- Parsley – It is categorized as spice, and as vegetable, but since it is one of the healthiest plants, it deserve its place on this list. It contains several phytochemicals that have anti-carcinogenic, anti – inflammatory, and anti-bacterial characteristics, and because of that, you should try to implement it in your diet as much as possible.